Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Dubai Hygienist Safiyah Adham, Up Close & Personal

Our dental hygienist Safiyah Adham brings to Dr. Michael’s Dental Clinic over a decade of experience in dental hygiene. In this interview, she talks about what motivated her to choose her career, what she does on a typical day, the common misconceptions about oral hygiene and more.

Why did you choose to be a dental hygienist? What motivated you to choose this career?
Dentistry is in my genes! My great-great uncle and grandfather were dentists. My mother is a dentist as well. As a teen, I worked in my family's dental office. I loved interacting with the patients and watching my grandfather and mother create positive, enjoyable and informative experiences for their patients. When the time came for me to decide on a career, I easily chose to become a dental hygienist!

Continue reading here.